At Fairway Jockey, we pride ourselves on offering the best and most diverse product options for players of all backgrounds and performance levels. One of the ways we do this is by offering an abundance of product offerings to choose from. All of the products have one thing in common: They’re from today’s highest rated golf brands.
One of those brands is OBAN, a competitive golf shaft brand that harnesses complex designs and composite fibers to produce a high performing shaft. At Fairway Jockey, we offer dozens of OBAN shafts, which can be overwhelming for players seeking a new custom-made club. How do you know which shaft option is right for you?
To view each of the OBAN shafts, simply use the ‘search’ functionality on Fairway Jockey’s website. All of the OBAN shafts will populate so you can search for yourself.
Types of OBAN Shafts
While no two OBAN shafts are identical, there are three main categories of OBAN shafts that are offered on our website. These are wood, hybrid, and iron shafts. Which shaft is right for you will be dependent upon what your specific goals are. Within each category, there are subcategories of shafts depending on their model and how they are built.
Each of these offer a different type of performance. Here are overviews of the main shaft options within each category.
OBAN Wood Shafts
- The OBAN Revenge Wood Shaft is both ‘stable and responsive,’ and is recommended for players with a consistent swing.
- The OBAN Devotion Wood Shaft is the most diverse offering, with 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 as available models. The 4 and the 5 are high launch, high spin, and the 6, 7, and 8 are mid-launch, low spin.
- The OBAN Kiyoshi Gold Shaft is for players who want high ball flight and mid-spin. This shaft provides stability.
- OBAN Isawa Red Wood Shaft benefits players looking for mid to high ball flight and mid spin levels.
OBAN Hybrid Shafts
- The OBAN Tour Reserve Hybrid Shaft was built with a shaft sequence for stability, with firm butt, mid, and tip sections
- The OBAN Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid Shaft is ideal for players searching for high launch and low spin performance.
- The OBAN Isawa Red Hybrid Shaft is great for mid-launch and mid-spin, and was made for impact. The OBAN Devotion Hybrid Shaft also offers mid-launch and mid-spin, but delivers on stability.
- The Oban Revenge Hybrid has a stiffer mid-section, providing lower spin rates. It contributes to a sense of stability in performance.
- The OBAN Devotion Hybrid Shaft has mid-launch, mid-spin characteristics.
OBAN Iron Shafts
OBAN’S Iron Shafts have the same high modulus materials as the wood shafts have.
- The OBAN OI Series Iron benefits players looking for a higher trajectory who have a smoother swing tempo.
- The OBAN OI Tour Reserve Series Iron is a great, stable shaft for a wide-range of players.
For additional support in navigating these options, we also now have an ‘Ask a Question’ button on each of our product pages. Fill in your name, contact information, and question, and one of our experienced fitters will get back to you soon.